Monday 30 July 2012

The Ordinary



Of all the pictures I took in Gavins first year, these are the ones I remember the best.  I remember the day so clearly.  One of the first times Gavin was out crawling on the front lawn.  Mommy with her camera.  Waiting for Daddy to come home from work.  It was about 3:00 that he came home.  Seeing that silver Corolla turn the corner made me so happy.  Like a little kid at Christmas.  He waved.  We were together again.  I always felt that way when we were together...

Kurt parked in the back, and walked around to the front, where he sat down with his wife and his boy.  I put down the camera, and we played  the three of us.  How I wish right now that I had snapped just a few more pictures with him in it....
Based on the time stamp on the pictures, that was two years ago today.  

Two short years... a blink in the sands of time.  Yet a life time ago, in another place, another time.  How I wish I had a time machine to take me back there. Even knowing what I know now  that in less than two weeks our lives would be ripped apart  I would go back to that moment in a heartbeat.  A time when we all were happy.  So blissfully unaware.  A perfect ordinary day for a perfectly ordinary young family of three. 

Its amazing how extraordinary the ordinary can be....


No comments:

Post a Comment