Thursday 10 April 2014

One of Those Days


I'm having one of those days.  Where things just seem hard.  Where I don't want the life I have been given.  Where I can't see the beauty of the first through the shade cast by the trees.  And then I look at the calendar.  Tomorrow is the 11th.  More often than not it happens that way....

My body, my mind, my soul seems to work on a calendar which I cannot control.  Even if I don't know the date, this time of the month gets me down.  The days are darker.  The nights are longer.  And things just seem too hard.  And then it lifts.

In my "other" moments, I'm starting to believe I may be doing okay.  Starting to walk, instead of just place one foot forward.  Some days, even trying to run.  But today my feet are bound by quicksand, and my mind is stuck in overdrive.  Wishing for something different.  Wishing for someone more.

Its the days like this I wish I could escape from forever.  But fear that I never really, 100% will.  The 11th is lurking around the corner, whether I know it or not...

The only good thing in days like today is that I have learned no day lasts forever.  And somewhere, sometime, there is a better day up ahead....


No comments:

Post a Comment