Saturday 7 April 2012

With the Dawn....


Easter Sunday. Another holiday he is not here to see. I wish my faith were a little stronger today - that I had settled my score with God. The notion of one being risen from the dead is comforting. Hopeful even. Just as Easter is to be...

Gavin and I are far away from home. It's a holiday, a get away. But it's also me running away. Away from the memories. The ghosts. To a place where I don't expect him to be. I know I can't run forever... And yet he has followed me still. As I lay in bed I can't help but hear his voice. Reach for the comforting warmth beside me. To realize I am only talking to myself. Laying alone.

 The Easter Bunny will come tonite. And Easter morning will dawn tomorrow, full of hope and rebirth for those who believe. But with no one to share with me in either mystery, the day won't dawn as bright.... I suppose I should seek solace in the fact that it will dawn at all. After all, every dawn brings with it the possibility of a brighter tomorrow. One more step long the road to my rebirth as well.

 Hallelujah. The Lord has risen. Maybe there is hope for me yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment