Saturday 23 June 2012

If He Could Talk: His Message to His Son...



Note:  I didn't write this - but I could have.  Kurt didn't say it - but he would have :)



I didn't mean to leave you; I didn't want to go.
I'm so sorry that I am not there, but I wanted you to know
When Mommy told me about you, I was so full of joy,
What  I wanted more than anything was a beautiful baby boy.
When you were born it was truly my happiest day,
We would always be together, to talk, to laugh, to play.
When I saw your little face, and a resemblance all could see,
I could not believe my eyes.  You were a miniature me!
I talked about you to everyone; I even chose your name.
I couldn't wait to take you to your first Roughrider game.
Then when you would be old enough I'd teach you how to drive,
You and I, our remote cars, racing side by side.
I'm grateful for the months we shared, and the squeals of glee.
We did so much in the short time we had.  My boy you'll always be.
I didn't mean to leave you; I didn't want to go.
I'm so sorry I'm not there for you, but in these ways I'll show.
Even though you can't see me, I am always near,
I am the words of encouragement that are whispered in your ear.
I am the sun that shines down on you and brightens up your day.
I am the thoughts of happiness that take your blues away.
I am the stars at night that twinkle from above.
I am the peace the surrounds you, and fills your heart with love.
I am the gentle touch you feel as I wipe away your tears.
I am the confidence that settles over you and takes away your fears.
I am the voice that calls for you, it echoes in the wind.
I am your special playmate, your imaginary friend.
I didn't mean to leave you; I didn't want to go.
I'm so sorry I'm not there for you, but I will watch you grow.
I will be with you, my son, every step of the way.
Now listen very carefully to these words I have to say.
Explore the world around you, there is so much to learn.
View the world with an open mind and knowledge you will earn.
Respect yourself and others; be honest and generous too.
Always do your best, and success will come to you.
Yes.. believe in miracles.  And dreams... they do come true.
Have fun, and enjoy your life.  Have passion for what you do.
Love with all your heart, my son, and happiness you'll find.
Then peace and serenity will not be far behind.
Leave your mark upon the world; touch as many lives as you can.
And know that I am so proud of you, my very special little man....



No comments:

Post a Comment