Wednesday 20 February 2013

Would You Miss Me?


Everyone wants to make their mark.  To leave things a little different than when they arrived.  To be noticed.  To be remembered.  No one wants to live, and die, with their life accounting for nothing....

Would you miss me if I was gone?  Would anyone?

And by miss I mean really miss.  Notice.  Not just toss a passing glance every once and a while.  Has my life impacted anyone to the point that things would stop if I were no longer here?

My son, yes.  But do I really only matter to one person????

I've been thinking about this a lot over the past few days, as I toss and turn at night.  Day in, and day out life goes on all around me.  I'm not a part of it any more.  I don't matter.  Not really.  Not in the way I want to.  To anyone.  Things would go on just the same without me.  

I've always been a wallflower.  But more and more, in a crowded room, I feel completely, totally, and utterly isolated.  Forgotten.  Alone.

A silent scream no one can hear.  An invisible face no one can see.

It really makes me wonder why, for the past two and a half years, I have been fighting so hard to stay...

I scream.  I cry.  I laugh.  I love.  And no one sees.

I beg for someone to take the time to let me know they notice.

It's a little like talking to the wind..

1 comment:

  1. I would miss you! Reading your blog is helping me through my journey of sadness and loss. You are being noticed and Kurt still lives on through your beautiful words of love.

    ReplyDelete