Friday 9 December 2011

Lets Start at the Very Beginning...



I'm Chrystal.  He's Gavin.  My pride and joy.  My little boy.  Our son.  And he was Kurtis.  The love of my life.  My soul mate and best friend.  Gavin's daddy.  My husband.

I'm alive.  Gavin is alive.  Kurtis died very suddenly nearly sixteen months ago.  Not so sweet sixteen.  He lives on in us.  Some day I'll share with the world how he died.  Some day I'll tell the story I've been keeping secret.  But right now all anyone needs to know is that he was here.  And now he's not.  There was no chance to say goodbye.  And I'm trying  - for Gavin's sake - to live on without him.  Some days that's possible.  Some days that's impossible.  Some days are easier than others.  There has yet to be a day that is easy.

And that's the beginning.  The beginning of us without him.  The beginning of this new life of living.  The beginning of a new me.  Maybe the process started sixteen months ago.  But today is the beginning of a new day.  And that beginning seems like as good a place as any to start.....

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are writing. I look forward to your story, your voice, your words...

    ReplyDelete