Wednesday 14 December 2011

Two Tears



Theres two tears upon my pillow
Growing larger every night.
Tears that fall though everyone else seems to think that I'm alright.

There's two tears upon my pillow
Growing larger every day.
Tears that fall though everyone else seems to think that I'm okay.

I don't sleep well at night time
And here's the reason why:
I find it much too hard to sleep when
Instead I want to
Cry.

Those tears upon my pillow
They'll some day merge to one.
But when I do not really know.
Only when the pain is done.

So next time you enter my bedroom
And stand by my pillow case,
Please do your best to overlook the smile on my face.

Instead stare at the pillowcase
And find those water stains.
Because through their size is the only way
That you'll ever know
My pain....

I recently rediscovered this in a pile of old school work.  I wrote this poem in sixth grade.  1989.  I was 11.  A sign of things to come???

No comments:

Post a Comment